nafex - Re: [nafex ibiblio list] [NAFEX] NAFEX question - Very sorry to see NAFEX in present stae.

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch_mnd@dataone.in>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex ibiblio list] [NAFEX] NAFEX question - Very sorry to see NAFEX in present stae.
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 18:23:39 +0530

Dear Sherwin,

I meant the website forum which requires membership. In fact the real NAFEX participants are the members whose number has been declining every year.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
www.fruitipedia.com

-----Original Message----- From: sherwin
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2011 1:54 PM
To: North American Fruit Explorers

On 12/16/2011 9:20 PM, Dr. Chiranjit Parmar wrote:

Dr. Parmat,

I do not understand your concerns about Nafex reaching out to
the world. Anyone can join either the Ibiblio forum or the forum
on the Nafex web site. The Ibiblio forum does not require Nafex
membership, so money there is not an issue.

The only decline I see in Nafex is the poor participation on their
web site forum. For whatever reason, the Nafex members appear
to prefer the Ibiblio email based forum.

I am seeing the same conflict in my other club Midfex, where
certain people want to replace our Ibiblio forum with a web
site based one. I am administrator of the Midfex forum and
would like to see it continue, as has been done in Nafex. I am
seeking some kind of compromise, where there is a division
between technical discussion and personal messaging. The former
for Ibiblio and the later for the web site. It seems like people have
definite preferences for one format or the other. The Midfex
people with heavy computer experience favor the web site, while
others like the simplicity of emails on Ibiblio. I am a retired
computer
guy, but I don't like blogs, facebook, twitter, etc., and I find the
Ibiblio
forums perfectly adequate. It will be interesting to see how this all
plays out.

Sherwin Dubren