nafex - Re: [NAFEX] NAFEX question

  • From: "Lawrence F. London, Jr." <lflj@bellsouth.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] NAFEX question
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 20:43:54 -0500

On 12/17/2011 12:14 PM, Jwlehman@aol.com wrote:

Every subscriber of this free LISTSERV who elects not to pay for membership
contributes to NAFEX decline. And every time we paying members answer
questions on this net we also contribute to the end of NAFEX. This situation
is
the by product of the free information age similar to the US postal service
demise.

There are 552 subscribers to this list. Many of them may not be Nafex members but could be persuaded to join through interaction with others in this forum and gleaning information useful to them while others may have already joined NAFEX. THose thinking about joining should go ahead and do so :-)The Nafex membership requirement for list subscription was eliminated many years ago, maybe when the message archives were moved from yahoo to ibiblio. I wonder how many of those joined Nafex after gaining access to and using this forum?

The nafex, gardenwriters, permaculture, midfex and market-farming lists hosted by ibiblio are valuable, if not priceless, world-class communication and information resources with a global, appreciative, audience; its signal-to-noise ratio is very high. The NAFEX organization could reap great benefits, publicity, increased membership and financial support from this list if it chose to do so. I could add promotional material about NAFEX to the list homepage with links to an array of resources at its website, especially the forum. There is a lot I could do to help stabilize NAFEX through changes made and additions to this list.

To add to the Nafex list homepage:
1) NAFEX promotional material
2) Links to the NAFEX website, the NAFEX forum, membership information & signup and other critical resources. I can add some of these links to this list's message footer, i.e. the Nafex homepage URL, the forum page and the new member signup and member login URLs.

If someone will send me this material I will make the necessary additions immediately.

Lawrence London
co-owner Nafex list at ibiblio
lflj@bellsouth.net
lfljvenaura@gmail.com