nafex - Re: [nafex ibiblio list] [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 107, Issue 17

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch_mnd@dataone.in>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex ibiblio list] [NAFEX] nafex Digest, Vol 107, Issue 17
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 16:58:00 +0530

I support Neil. That will encourage members from other countries also to join NAFEX. People from so many countries of the world which are rich in fruit varieties cannot join NAFEX as the membership fee in their local currency becomes extremely high due to high exchange rate. Moreover the foreign exchange regulations of many countries do not allow remittance of payment in US dollars. This was the state of affairs in India too till a few years back. My NAFEX subscription used to be paid by my American friends as it was nearly impossible to do it for persons living in small towns.

Let NAFEX encourage membership from other countries. This step will only enrich the NAFEX pool of information about fruits.

Dr. Chiranjit Parmar
186/3 Jail Road
Mandi HP 175001, India
01905-222810; 094181-81323