nafex - Re: [nafex ibiblio list] [NAFEX] NAFEX question

  • From: "Erdman, James" <erdmanj@uwstout.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex ibiblio list] [NAFEX] NAFEX question
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 15:53:55 +0000

I miss the paper Pomona. I find that I don't follow forums that I have to
log into, but can access email forums like this one much better. To use the
official NAFEX forum I have to remember my user name and password after
remembering forum URL and finding the forum in the list on the homepage.
None of this is convenient to me, so I don't remember to look at the official
forum unless I am reminded of it by a discussion such as this one. I must
have missed a discussion somewhere about the end of the paper hard copy
Pomona, because the change caught me by surprise. I renewd my membership
because I thought I had missed an issue (which was a regular occurance due to
no reminders of lapse of subscription), and then it turned out that the
Pomona was only on-line--hard to find and difficult to read, too.

And should this be a world-wide organization or not? It is the "North
American" Fruit explorers, and even so I find a lot of discussion unrelated
to what I can grow in northwestern Wisconsin. A word-wide focus would mean
even less information of interest to me, I think. On the other hand, I would
hate to see NAFEX disappear.

Jim Erdman, in Menomonie, WI