nafex - Re: [NAFEX] NAFEX question - Very sorry to see NAFEX in present stae.

  • From: jeff <linuxasm@gmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] NAFEX question - Very sorry to see NAFEX in present stae.
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 16:02:20 -0800

On 12/17/2011 06:38 AM, Deb Schneider wrote:
If you have positive ideas for NAFEX or want to volunteer, feel free
to contact me, any Board member or officer, or drop a note to Jackie
if you want to contribute to Pomona.

My preference is for NAFEX to embrace this list and use it for reminders and a membership drive. Think of it as free advertising. I let my membership lapse a few years ago and could not find motivation to rejoin. Would a NAFEX manual that summaries the information on this list be a incentive to join? It could be a PDF file that is updated by volunteers? Another incentive would be plant lists that fit various areas. I've found many fruit trees are very fussy about location. It is very difficult to find good information about trees adapted to a area. Most of my neighbors grow what they find in nurseries. They miss out on a lot of superior trees. I keep a list of trees that failed here and it is much longer than my successes. Another important piece of information is how well trees do without care. Some trees need to be sprayed and others manage to survive. This would be very useful information.

We have a local fruit organization which provides some of this information, but a national focus would help identify new plants and cover more plant niches.

Jeff, Oregon zone 7