nafex - [NAFEX] Prunus maritima & Oikos

  • From: John S <swim_at_svc@yahoo.com>
  • To: 'North American Fruit Explorers' <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Prunus maritima & Oikos
  • Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 21:53:13 -0700 (PDT)

A few years back, I purchased 3 Prunus maritima from Hartman's.  They just started fruiting this year and I was pleased with the fruit quality of at least one of them.  One was thin skinned, sweet and good flavor, one with thick tough skin and good flavor (but a little different) and the third just average.

Been eying Oikos's Nana and Ecos varieties with a possible purchase next spring.  Anybody have experience with these to share?  Space is limited so I want to get some nice quality for the few I can get.

Thanks