nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Pear Dwarfing Rootstock

  • From: "Bob Hartman" <hartmansfruit@msn.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Pear Dwarfing Rootstock
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:31:52 -0700

I am wondering if this Le Nain Vert could be used as a dwarfing interstem to dwarf pear trees. Say, if you wanted a tree on OHXF333 or other strong growing rootstock and then have an interstem of Le Nain Vert and then your desired variety on top of that. Has anyone tried that idea? Trees grown on quince require a good soil whereas trees can be grown on OHXF333 or OHXF97 on less desirable soils.

Bob
Western Washington