nafex - [NAFEX] runting out a pear

  • From: "fuwa fuwa usagi" <fuwafuwausagi@muchomail.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] runting out a pear
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 15:06:56 -0700

Doreen:

I am not sure is you want to dwarf a pear tree or an orchards worth.

If you only need to dwarf out a couple you can do what I did which worked
well and keeps them around 8 feet. Start with OHxF 282 or 333 which as the
wondrous Ed mentioned will give you a 12-15 foot tree(unless you plant seckle
in which case you are now done). Next plant in crap soil, I brought in a
bunch of nasty clay and it goes down about 3 feet and I spread it about 16-20
feet long and 8 feet wide for 3 trees. Fifteen year later we are still
talking about productive 8-9 footers. I have Harvest Queen and Harrow Sweet
growing beside my driveway this way. I did this to stop the issue with the
roots cracking the driveway. And predictably i dwarfed them out nice.

In my native soil those same trees woudl probably by closer to 18 feet as are
the Potomca, Magness, Atlantic Queen, Resuce and Bosc I am currently cutting
down (in the power lines).

fluffy

The Free Email with so much more!
=====> http://www.MuchoMail.com <=====