nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Hardy Prunus, was Re: Staking of immature fruit trees

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Hardy Prunus, was Re: Staking of immature fruit trees
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 00:39:12 -0500

A 16:54 09.11.16 -0500, vous avez écrit :
>Is your Mirabelle one that was bred in Quebec or has been there for a
>while, and have others in 4b had success with it?

I also have a plum which I think is a Mirabelle. It is a small round yellow
plum, a bit larger than the Blue Damas but smaller than Mont Royal. It is
an ungrafted tree that was propagated by root sucker. It is quite hardy in
my zone 4 near Quebec but some winters does suffer from the cold.

If it's not a Mirabelle, it could possibly be a Reine-Claude seedling,
although Reine-Claude are normally much larger fruits.

Claude Jolicoeur