nafex - Re: [NAFEX] High Density Planting

  • From: Karen Kellogg <garuda2@comcast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] High Density Planting
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 00:11:24 -0400

I have tried the four standard apples in one planting 'space'; it certainly does dwarf them. They've been in the ground about 5 years, but competed with bad cedar rust until 2 years ago when I cut the cedar down, This is the first year any have bloomed (two of the trees did) and I lost one other one this past winter. So I have one planting of four and one of three--- I hope eventually the canopy will resemble one tree top with four --or three-- trunks.

Karen, CT zone 5a