nafex - Re: [NAFEX] heat tape

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] heat tape
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 21:43:01 -0500

A while back I read a summary of some prof. at MU trying to delay blossom by
spraying the whole tree with a dilute latex paint/water mix. The idea was to
keep the sun off the buds as well as the trunk. Can't remember how long it
supposedly delayed bloom, but I'm thinking it was a weeks delay.

Interesting, Mark. I might try that next year. I did wonder when I painted the trunks how far up I was supposed to go.

And my neighbors think I'm loony already, so I might as well go all the way.

:-)

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice doggie" until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers