nafex - Re: [NAFEX] heat tape

  • From: "Mark Angermayer" <hangermayer@isp.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] heat tape
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 20:25:04 -0600

Bill,

A while back I read a summary of some prof. at MU trying to delay blossom by
spraying the whole tree with a dilute latex paint/water mix. The idea was
to keep the sun off the buds as well as the trunk. Can't remember how long
it supposedly delayed bloom, but I'm thinking it was a weeks delay.

Mark
KS