nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Grafting pears

  • From: Claude Jolicoeur <cjoli@gmc.ulaval.ca>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Grafting pears
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 16:00:35 -0500

Derry,
All my pears are grafted on P.communis or P.ussuriensis seedlings.
Here, quince is pretty much out because of climatic reasons.
And I have never seen any OxF roots offered around here - I have no idea of
their hardiness.

My trees are quite vigorous and need a lot of annual pruning to keep at
reasonable size.

What I meant in my previous post is if you have a pear tree and you want to
topgraft another variety on one branch, then the process would be identical
as with apples.

Claude