nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Asian pear, still yuckky

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Asian pear, still yuckky
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:59:16 -0500

Thank you all for your comments.  If all 3 of my trees are KG, that would explain why I can't tell them apart and why they still have no taste.  The fruit is not giant, it's biggest on the tree that made the least fruit, while the trees that cropped heavier (1 shinko and 1 KG according to my labels) have some decent sized fruit and some quite small.  I have pulled off most of the small ones in the last month and the remaining fruit have continued to size up.  All the fruit are yellow to green depending on their place in the tree, shading, etc, and have been for about a month.

Re Lon's comment about KG being potato-like at this time:  I prefer potatoes because 1) I don't have to core potatoes, 2) I can eat the skin on potatoes, and 3) potatoes don't attract giant hornets.

 Donna