nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Asian pears, yuck

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Asian pears, yuck
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 07:45:38 -0500

Shirley wrote:
"It seems that after they begin to turn golden they have an unpleasant sweetness.  Mine were good right off the tree when picked at the proper time. "

Oh, if that were only the case!  I'd dry them or make wine.  But they have no taste, no sugar, and not enough acid to count.  They are bland.  Crunchy and bland, yuck.  My Kieffers taste great by comparison, and they aren't even ripe yet.  I picked some a month ago, and every week since, and they are all tasteless.

    Donna