nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Unsweet melons

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <gardendiva@charter.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Unsweet melons
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 14:53:04 -0500

Mycorrhizal fungi inoculant is expensive, so you don't want to waste money by scattering it on the soil. And, it has to make contact with the plant roots or the seed where roots will form for an association to develop.

Don't waste your money on potting soils that have mycorrhizae, as they are usually stored on slabs of concrete where temperatures rise above 120F, which kills the spores.
Doreen Howard

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert C. Mullins" <mullins@gaelicmysts.com>