nafex - Re: [NAFEX] hardy kiwi

  • From: Sheridan Shumway <rattler_mt@yahoo.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] hardy kiwi
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2008 10:40:58 -0700 (PDT)

Hal many thanks for the info, i havent been able to
find much. havent spent alot on the seeds so if the
'Issia' are a bust its no big deal. no discouragement
on the two year germination or any of that, but its
great to have the heads up. another hobby of mine is
growing carnivorous plants under lights in my basement
and some of the Australian tuberous sundews have taken
up to 30 months to germinate. i live in the middle of
nowhere with not much to do but work, garden, hunt and
fish, patience ive got in spades.

my main issue is the wife doesnt like me paying $18
per vine for what amounts as experiment plants so
finding the seeds was a way for me to get a bunch of
species and plants cheap if i am successful and and
just basically out my time if they dont germinate as i
paid less than $3 per packet of seeds.

Sheridan S.
northeast Montana
zone 3/4