nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Membership, focus, journals, etc...the face of NAFEX

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Membership, focus, journals, etc...the face of NAFEX
  • Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2008 11:32:34 -0600

I took a look at GardenWeb and Daves Garden and they are completely
annoyingly filled with advertising. I would go there as a last resort always
because I am slowed down by all the dancing bear hype and ads.

The ads don't bother me, because I never see them. My browser filters out all that stuff. But I don't use those sites as often, because email is so much easier. I really like getting the messages in my Inbox (automatically sorted to the correct folder), and replying by email. So I also like this NAFEX list better.

I would jump at the chance to pay $2/month for it and get all the wonderful
membership benes of NAFEX.

I must say that the membership benefits don't matter much to me. I just want to support the organization. This list has been very nice, the people have been very friendly and helpful, and I just like to support groups like that. Admittedly, there are a LOT of good groups out there, so there's plenty of competition. And I'm just a newbie at fruit-growing. So it's not surprising that we all have different points of view, and different reasons for supporting NAFEX.

Bill
Lincoln, NE

--
Because a fellow has failed once or twice, or a dozen times, you don't want to set him down as a failure till he's dead or loses his courage - and that's the same thing. - George C. Lorimer