nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Electronic Pomonas

  • From: mangodance <bmn@iglou.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: natelson@pipeline.com, lostman_amiga@yahoo.com, martha_davis@highstream.net
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Electronic Pomonas
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:37:43 -0500

I hate to seem sanguine, but for the most part, electronic distribution is usually done to keep from raising dues, reducxe costs, make $ available for other things, not reduce the price of membership for a select few.

To be honest, the price for NAFEX membership is hardly cost-prohibitive compared to other memberships especially with regard to the size of the regular publication. When online payments become available, it makes it that much easier. I am all about doing this as value for NAFEX and its membership. But I think we'd have angry patrons should we allow folks to pay less than those who supported the organization for years.

BTW, some orgaizations have a donation fund that allows people to donate into a pot for overseas memberships.