nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Organicism

  • From: mangodance <bmn@iglou.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Organicism
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 00:45:47 -0500

Alan Haigh wrote:

"Nah. Many haven't been so quick to embrace modern chemistry in every
other aspect of our existence." Father, who are these many who don't embrace the gas combustion engine, along with all the plastics used in the vehicles they power, strange fluids to stop them from overheating, miracle drugs in times of sickness, miracle fabrics to shield us from the cold, all the many products of the industrial age. Are these people not members of some kind of cult. Can I join them, these praticioners of Organicism, and enjoy life of a simpler and kinder age when the only fear that consumed me was where would come my next meal?

And he said, "Rise up from the petrochemical ooze and be reborn. These simple people are not luddites, but practical folks eager to help these pilgrims of the polarity find that there are many shades of grey, as well as colors, in an otherwise black-and-white world. Complexity abounds. Embrace it. Seek these moderates and ye may find discussions of food which need not include engines, Enzite, nor even polyester. Find them and you may well find a simpler, kinder discussion replaces your fears. You may even find no enemies exist. You may find harmony."