nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Edible Acorns

  • From: Michael Nave <jmichaelnave@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Edible Acorns
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 18:56:22 -0700 (PDT)

I like trying to find better tasting acorns (and other
unusual edibles) but in fairness to the chestnut
"fanatics", even after you go through all of the work
you have to do to make an acorn edible, the chestnut
still tastes much better. It's hard to get thrilled
about acorns when the oak tree's big brother produces
chestnuts.