nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Edible Acorns

  • From: Michael Nave <jmichaelnave@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Edible Acorns
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 14:40:44 -0700 (PDT)

Donna I pointed out in my original post that I like
acorns. But I also understand why many people do not.
Personally I have tried at least a dozen different
varieties of acorn in my life and am always looking to
try more. This year for the first time I have small
acorns on my Chinese chestnut oak (Quercus chenii?
Quercus Chinensis? Quercus variabilis? Quercus
bungeana?). It will be interesting to see how they
taste. It's a very hard tree to find in the US.