nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Edible Acorns

  • From: Michael Nave <jmichaelnave@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Edible Acorns
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 07:47:45 -0700 (PDT)

You are confusing completely different concepts.

There are many food items that can be used with
various preparatory procedures or when combined with
other foods. Chestnuts are a food item that can be
enjoyed with little or no such procedures and are
delicious even without those procedures. That is why
people prefer chestnuts to acorns. This is a very
simple point. That you feel the need to argue about it
is odd.

No one is attacking NAFEX or the concepts that drive
NAFEX members so I am not sure why you defending them.

No one is attacking your reasons for growing what you
grow nor the reasons why you do so, so again I am not
sure why you are defending them.

The issue here is very simple, Chestnuts are delicious
fresh or roasted. Acorns are not. That is why chestnut
"fanatics" turn up their noses at acorns.