nafex - Re: [NAFEX] wasps and yellow jackets

  • From: "Jenny Ruth Yasi" <voices@maine.rr.com>
  • To: <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] wasps and yellow jackets
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 20:43:32 -0400

Thanks everyone! It was an excavator came in to pull out some stumps from our April windfall, and somehow this absolutely enormous -- like the size of a 19 inch yoga ball-- paper wasp nest was built into the roots of a tree. I've never heard this particular contractor scream "run!" before!! The vacuum idea DOES sound like it would enliven an evening! But probably I'll smother it with water and dump some manure and fresh grass clippings on there and see if I can cook and or smother it.

I've got a guest dog who will NOT stop whining! arrgh!

Happy amazing raspberry/blackberry season!! The best season here in years! Perfect timing of the torrential rains!!

Yasi
Maine