nafex - Re: [NAFEX] wasps and yellow jackets

  • From: "tanis cuff" <tanistanis@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] wasps and yellow jackets
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 22:20:55 +0000

When I have to destroy nests or weed in these nests areas', I always do so at first light of a chilly AM. I also collect wind-fall fruit in early AM.

I avoid having to mess w/ the nests-- just avoid them if you can, and possibly even put some flagging tape around the area to warn others.

Here (s.WI) this summer the honeybees and small yellow-jackets and the larger mostly black wasps are all very cranky, and I've discovered that when I wear mosquito repellant (specificly 'Deep Woods Off') they are less likely to buzz me. The longer/larger slower-moving yellow jackets are as tame as ever, also the various bumblebees.