nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Evans Cherry, grafting, ripening, harvesting

  • From: "Brungardt, Sam" <Sam.Brungardt@state.mn.us>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Evans Cherry, grafting, ripening, harvesting
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 09:32:15 -0500

Title: RE: [NAFEX] Evans Cherry, grafting, ripening, harvesting

Del, I'll look up a recipe or two for cherry liqueur or cordial after work tonight.  The recipes are usually very simple, cherries, vodka or grain alcohol, sugar, spices (optional; usually cloves or cinnamon or allspice), often lemon peel and often cherry leaves.  I've even cracked a few cherry stones and added them for a slight almond flavor (you don't want to overdo it with the stones, though; they contain a cyanic acid, which is poisonous in a large dose. -- Sam Brungardt, St. Paul, Minn.