nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Getting the word out WAS Re: NNGA membership declines

  • From: Spidra Webster <spidra@speakeasy.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Getting the word out WAS Re: NNGA membership declines
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 22:05:43 -0700

On Jul 2, 2007, at 10:02 PM, Michael Nave wrote:

If they don't know that such groups exist, they must
be monumentally naive at best. Groups exist today for
EVERYTHING.

And once you suspect a group exists it takes 30
seconds to google it. People found NNGA 80 years ago
with no internet at all. If people can't find it
today, we are not missing much by their absence.

Well, call me naive if you like, but I'm giving you my personal experience. Thanks for telling me that you know better about my experience than I do. And as for "not missing much", I immediately volunteered for my chapter of CRFG and continue to do a fair amount of volunteer work and publicity for them (and this is in a time when they're hard up for volunteers). So, yeah, I guess you're not missing anything by the absence of my ilk.

Spidra Webster

Berkeley, CA Zone 9