nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Peach twig problems

  • From: "William C. Garthright" <billg@inebraska.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Peach twig problems
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:25:05 -0500

You have the classic symptoms of Oriental Fruit Moth which lays eggs in the tips of new growth. The egg hatches inside the shoot and tunnels downward. My experience is that if your trees are protected with an insecticide (my choice was Imidan, and still is) through petal fall to late June/mid July, it will do the trick.

Thanks, Ed, that's a big help! What a great list this is!

Bill
Lincoln, NE (zone 5)

--
In science, 'fact' can only mean 'confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent.' I suppose that apples might start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal time in physics classrooms. - Stephen Jay Gould