nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Cherry twig problems

  • From: "Donna &/or Kieran" <holycow@cookeville.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Cherry twig problems
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:05:57 -0500

I bought a sour cherry to pollinate my Duke that blooms so much later than the sweet cherries near it.  With the drought I didn't think it was so unusual that the leaves on a few small branches turned yellow and died.  But then a few more, and a few more till I had a good look at it.  The trunk is an inch in diameter at the base, and about a foot up there is a glob of sap, looks like some kind of borer at work.  What do I do now?  The wire like for a peach tree borer?     Donna