nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Peach twig problems

  • From: "Ed Fackler" <ed.fackler@gmail.com>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Peach twig problems
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:36:48 -0400

Bill:

     You have the classic symptoms of Oriental Fruit Moth which lays eggs in the tips of new growth.  The egg hatches inside the shoot and tunnels downward.  My experience is that if your trees are protected with an insecticide (my choice was Imidan, and still is) through petal fall to late June/mid July, it will do the trick.

ed