nafex - Re: [NAFEX] peach leaf curl/resistance

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] peach leaf curl/resistance
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 00:06:02 -0700

The first line of defense is a resistant variety. Lime sulfur dormant oil
sprays should become part of your peach program. You can also mix lime
sulfur mixes with water and spray now. They are very effective. The sprays
don't keep, so don't buy more than you'll use in a season.

I feel that very healthy soil helps, and subterranean clovers can keep the
orchard soil fertile. But even with the best of soil, you'll probably need
to spray.

~ Stephen