nafex - Re: [NAFEX] peach leaf curl/resistance

  • From: Richard J.Ossolinski <ossoeo@verizon.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] peach leaf curl/resistance
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 08:47:29 -0400

On Jun 4, 2007, at 3:06 AM, Stephen Sadler wrote:

The first line of defense is a resistant variety.

My only experience with a curl resistant variety has been with the Frost peach, which, it is claimed, will become more resistant as the tree gets older. Mine is in its second bearing year but still exhibits curl. I sprayed with copper (specifically COCS) earlier this spring but apparently not early enough. Widely available, this is just one source:
http://trees.safeshopper.com/7/56.htm?443
Raintree offers it, too.

Richard
Gouldsboro, ME Zone 5