nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grocery store peaches and nectarines

  • From: tanis grif <tanisgrif@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grocery store peaches and nectarines
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:36:37 -0800 (PST)

Check out the lighting in the produce aisle. It is tinted to make fruits
look less
green. If you want to see truer color of a fruit, take it into different
light (if
the store will allow it.)

--- mauch1 wrote:

> > "...That means at the first sign of that yellowish/red tint, they are
> ready to
pick to be shipped."

> I think this is part of the problem in that since the public associates
> 'redness'
with 'ripeness' all the newest peaches and nectarines are being selected for
being
redder and redder. So I think the peaches/nectarines are being picked even
earlier
than