nafex - Re: [NAFEX] grocery store peaches and nectarines

  • From: "Erdman, Jim" <ErdmanJ@uwstout.edu>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] grocery store peaches and nectarines
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 12:01:09 -0600

Many years we have bought fresh picked Michigan peaches with Amish friends.
They hire a truck, drive to a Michigan orchard and get a truck load of ripe
fresh-picked peaches, which are in our hands before the end of the day that
they were picked. We need to deal with them right away, as some are always
getting soft or bruised, but they are certainly tasty--much better than
anything store bought.

Jim Erdman, in Menomonie, WI

<<winmail.dat>>