nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Gritty pears [was Forelle]

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat@containerseeds.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Gritty pears [was Forelle]
  • Date: Sat, 04 Jun 2005 11:47:44 -0400

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 11:02:37 -0400, you wrote:

>Then I made
>a bottle of wine out of it [or Perry, if you prefer] and the wine was as
>good as any bottle of white wine under $20/bottle.&nbsp; So finally I found
>a use for the gritty pear.
>non-gritty.&nbsp; I also discovered a spurry Bosc-looking seedling
>locally&nbsp;that
>is very smooth and sweet.&nbsp; I don't think its hard to find non-gritty
>pears, is it?&nbsp; I believe it gets hard when we try to grow the
>highest-tasting
>pears then pollination often comes hard.

Yes, I agree. Perry is lovely. I was introduced to it in
England, but we can buy it here (USA) as well (it's not as
good as the English version, though).

I don't want to grow the pears, particularly: for once, a
fruit I do NOT want to grow - a first, probably! :) I just
want to be able to buy non-gritty pears and enjoy eating
them. I'll try Bosc, I don't think I have ever eaten a
Bosc. Thanks.

Pat
--
ContainerSeeds.com - vegetable, herb, fruit, and
edible flower seeds for successful container growing.