nafex - [NAFEX] guinea fowl noise reports?

  • From: charles paradise <machelp@attglobal.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] guinea fowl noise reports?
  • Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 17:42:20 -0500

Our imperial suburban town told me this afternoon fowl or rabbits have
to have permit, which I am contemplating complying with. They even send
an inspector.

Another idea other than guinea fowl is to release Bobwhite quail.
They'd be less noisy than guineas; but I haven't much confirmation
they'd eat ticks, which is the main point of keeping fowl. There's
reports of guineas being susceptible to roaming house cats, but I only
see one house cat occasionally, and occasional losses would be
sustainable. Apparantly releasing the Bobwhite would be the least
labor-intensive poultry activity, but whether they'd stay in the area
depends on terrain factors I don't understand. And I don't have
confirmation they'd eat ticks.

Would appreciate hearing from those of you who have had poultry.

Charlie Paradise Massachusetts z5ish