nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Blueberries Reverse Certain Aging Characteristics

  • From: Hector Black <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Blueberries Reverse Certain Aging Characteristics
  • Date: Sun, 06 Feb 2005 16:34:32 -0600

You might want to try one of the southern Rabbiteye blueberries. They come
from the eastern coast, all the way down to northern florida, are more
tolerant of soil and lower moisture (but still like enough of both Ph and
water. Don't try 'em in the desert. They're prolific. Our 3/4 acre
planting bore over 6 tons this last year. Hector Black, zone 6 middle TN
(northern range for the species V. Ashei.)