nafex - RE: [NAFEX] Blueberries

  • From: "Stephen Sadler" <Docshiva@Docshiva.org>
  • To: "'North American Fruit Explorers'" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] Blueberries
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 13:08:56 -0800

I appreciate the blueberry thread/responses. I think the reason my yields
were light before is that I used bushes that were in place when I had my old
garden. They were too shaded, and were not likely the right variety for
that zone 7a garden. For my new garden, I've been looking at Southern
highbushes. I've been considering Sharpblue, Legacy, and the rabbiteye
Premier because of their reputed flavor as well as yields. I'll add your
recommendations to my list!

Stephen Sadler, Ph.D.
USDA 9, AHS heat zone 8,
Sacramento CA - Mediterranean climate