nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Blueberries

  • From: Hector Black <hblack1925@fastmail.fm>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Blueberries
  • Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 16:00:35 -0600

I don't know if I mentioned the varieties we have and have tried. Climax is
every 4th row, and Tifblue is the main bearer. Climax is slightly earlier
and has a shorter season that Tifblue. It is also more upright growing here
and I'm have quite a bit of work keeping it at 6 ft. or so. Tifblue is the
longer bearer and often preferred for flavor. We've tried Premier, but it
didn't measure up to the others although the berries were larger.
Hector Black zone 6 middle TN