nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 21, Issue 69

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 21, Issue 69
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:49:16 -0400

On Oct 30, 2004, at 1:31 PM, tanis cuff wrote:

. . .tried Jostaberry but deer devoured it. . . .

Funny you should mention that. A friend gave me a cutting of her jostaberry a few weeks ago. I just noticed that it has already been seriously damaged by deer. They've never bothered my currants, and have only bothered one apple tree (Ashmeads), and I rarely see any other damage.

Has anyone else noticed special deer pressure on jostaberry?

Thanks,
Ginda