nafex - Re: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 21, Issue 69

  • From: list@ginda.us
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] Re: nafex Digest, Vol 21, Issue 69
  • Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 08:18:17 -0400

I use aluminum windowscreen, and just run it around once, being careful to seal the ends. I have few enough trees that my experience doesn't count for much, but I have also used window screen to keep mice out of the house, and one layer seems adequate. It's nice, because it breathes well, and probably also keeps out boring beetles.

I get the window screen free from the local place the fixes people's screen windows and doors. I just don't use the part that's ripped or whatever. The don't usually keep it around, (and spring is the best time to visit) but usually when I show up they have some lying around from the day's work.

Ginda