nafex - RE: [NAFEX] plumcot - hardy almond

  • From: rob hamilton <lostman_amiga@yahoo.com>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] plumcot - hardy almond
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 12:18:39 -0700 (PDT)

My 4 year old Hall's hardy almond did not produce for
a while either. I think the trouble was some kind of
fungal problem. I started spraying Daconil just after
petal fall for about 3 weeks and the tree started
producing nice quality nuts. It was also suggested to
me to sever a few roots about 3 feet out around the
base to stress it. I did that also the same year in
winter (that was a one time only thing). I think the
spraying did it though. I did it this spring as well
and my nuts are almost ready to harvest.

Lastly, do you know what issue to Pomona the article
was in?

Robert