nafex - RE: [NAFEX] third apple for backyard orchard?

  • From: "Big Swede" <Jfrisk@pionet.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [NAFEX] third apple for backyard orchard?
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 10:19:23 -0500

I have both Ashmead's Kernal and Golden Russet. They are both over 20 years
old on semi-dwarf rootstalk. They are very similar with Ashmead's Kernal
tasting a little better. The Ashmead's Kernal took longer to come into
bearing. Both have settled into a biannual bearing pattern. They are my
favorite drying apples.
SW Iowa zone 5, Judson L. Frisk