nafex - [NAFEX] Re: Anita Fig

  • From: longdistshtr <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: Anita Fig
  • Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:28:23 -0500

Brilliant, Mark! Exothermic/Endothermic, eh? That is most likely the only
plausible explanation. I was tuned into photosynthesis from direct
sunlight and just couldn't break away from that idea. I dasn't try to plant
figs out of direct sunlight because of the conditions existing in their
native regions but I can't argue with the proliferative results of this
branch. Most of the nights here are clear and I just never thought of
night sky as a heat sink. It may be that heat at night is the
growing/development session for this particular fig. I don't have any
evidence of this in my other figs. It could be that an insulating blanket
over figs at night could improve their fruit production. Wish we could find
out. Thanks for the insight. Wow!
Doc