nafex - [NAFEX] Re: Anita Fig

  • From: longdistshtr <longdistshtr@shtc.net>
  • To: NAFEX <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: Anita Fig
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 19:48:27 -0500

My In-laws had a fig bush in NJ and it produced but died down every winter.
I didn't find out the name but I had contact with a guy in NYC who grew
several fig bushes in a greenhouse. I heard that Sal's Fig was brought over
from Italy and mine grows well here with very little die back. I got it
from a member in Connecticut who told me it produced and survived there.
My Chicago Hardy looks like it is going to make a few this year, I only got
a few figs from it last year but it is only a couple of feet high. My Sal's
produces more than I can eat.
Doc Lisenby
Zone 7/8