nafex - Re: [NAFEX] dehydrator recommendations

  • From: Sam Franc <franc@oregonfast.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] dehydrator recommendations
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 08:09:23 -0800

Mauch1@aol.com wrote:

would anyone care to make recommendations on a make or model >for a good all-purpose dehdrator?

I have an American Harvester. Comes w/ 4 trays, can buy expansions. Things
I like about it (some of these may be extras you would have to purchase.):

I have a Johnsen Custom Mfg. Home Food Dehydrator Eugene, OR
It is 1090 watts and a variable thermostat wth a large fan.
It has 15 trays that are 15 x 17 inches
It has a orange colored porcelain or heavy enamel coating.
It is by far the best one I have ever used in the home style.
My wife uses the round plastic kind you get in the chain stores.
It has a fan but no adjustable thermostat.
It is only good for small runs, even when you add extra trays.
It is a toy that keeps her happy.
Sam