nafex - Re: [NAFEX] dehydrator recommendations

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: North American Fruit Explorers <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [NAFEX] dehydrator recommendations
  • Date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 07:42:38 -0500

Hello,

Can a standard oven be used as a dehydrator (lowest setting)? Or would any
foil lined, vented box
with wire trays and a light bulb (40W, 60W, or better) work?

I have seen kid's projects for making solar dehydrators that are simply
cardboard boxes, cut on the
bias, lined with foil, covered with cheesecloth and faced towards the sun.
The same could be
accomplished with a 50W light bulb. No?

Solar Example:
http://www.kidwizard.com/images/objects/box2.gif

Anyone have a link to a good light bulb powered dehydrator?

Later,
tom