nafex - [NAFEX] Re: Pictures

  • From: Martha Barrett / Scott Weber <bluestem_farm@juno.com>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Re: Pictures
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:12:55 -0600

One more opinion; I am on a slow computer that simply can't deal with
attachments--takes multi-minutes to get them (runs up the phone bill),
and they are totally illegible once they come. Links are okay, if you
have to send pictures but PLEASE no attachments. Thanks.
Muffy Barrett
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 07:14:53 -0800 "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
writes:

>One other drawback - all attachments are stripped before the messages
>are
>archived.
>

> On Friday, December 19, 2003, at 09:46 AM, Naomi wrote:
>
>I am on some other lists that allow small pictures to be attached.=A0
>I love
>reading the descriptions but now I long for pictures.=A0 could the
>list
>consider this change?
>Naomi=20
>in Idaho=20
>

>I am on a slow rural telephone line and even small pictures take some
>time
>to come through. If pictures were commonly attached to messages on
>this lis=
>it would take quite a while to get my mail.
>
>Could the pictures be posted on a separate site, with links to them in
>the
>email? I note people do often post links to pictures they have put on
>their
>own sites.=20

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!