nafex - [NAFEX] Cultivar of the Quarter

  • From: Jacquelyn Kuehn <jakuehn@mail.yourinter.net>
  • To: nafex@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Cultivar of the Quarter
  • Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2003 10:29:18 -0400

Dear NAFEXers,

Thanks to an idea sent to me by NAFEX member Allen Cosnow, we're going to try a new regular feature in Pomona: Cultivar of the Quarter. Allen suggested selecting a few fruit cultivars, and inviting member response on experiences with those cultivars, to be gathered together for each issue. The Fall Pomona is about to go out, but I could give you the weekend to send me responses on the initial batch of cultivars, chosen by Allen. So if you have any comments to make, for this time I'm taking them by email ONLY because of time; in the future, regular mail will work, too. Thanks!

Jackie

CULTIVARS ON WHICH TO COMMENT:

Red currant "Cherry"
Apricots "Moongold" and "Sungold"
Pear rootstock OHxF 513
Quince "Aromatnaya"
Apples "Honeycrisp" and "Rhode Island Greening"

---