nafex - [NAFEX] Rhubarb under grapevines

  • From: "Joe Hecksel" <jhecksel@voyager.net>
  • To: "North American Fruit Explorers" <nafex@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [NAFEX] Rhubarb under grapevines
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 16:51:52 -0400

Hello:

Does anybody have experience planting rhubarb under grapevines?

I bought a package of rhubarb seed and now have 14 plants. I am
looking for a place to put them. The grapes are primarily French-
American hybrids trained to Geneva Double Curtain.

It certainly looks like there will be plenty of light until June 15, or
so and I much prefer rhubarb to nettles, thistles and catnip that now
want to grow there.

Any comments or observations will be appreciated.
--
Joe Hecksel
Personal Webpage http://my.voyager.net/~jhecksel